Achieving Secure Enterprise Identity Federation
- TYPE: Workshop DATE: May 10, 2016 TIME: 09:00 - 13:00
Identity Federation has become an essential business need to modernize capability and adapt to the evolving landscape of computing. The focus to achieving Identity Federation often revolves around product solutions that attempt to solve identity federation with agents, adapters, and rip-and-replace environment disruption. Forum Systems provides a different vision and proven capability to achieve secure identity federation.
In this session, we will demonstrate how to achieve identity federation in a landscape of existing IdM systems, repositories, directory services, and other user information stores by unifying these capabilities via a federation services architecture tier. We will show how an enterprise can architect a federation solution to expose standards-based identity capabilities while leveraging existing architecture to reduce cost, and reduce the burden of actual implementation and deployment. Additionally, we will discuss the necessary aspects of protecting the identity components of the architecture as a core part of our solution approach.
In this session you will learn:
- Key technology foundations of Identity Federation
- Agentless vs Agent-based solution approaches
- Leveraging existing solutions rather than building new ones
- How to achieve a more secure approach to identity
- Live demonstrations
Unifying Existing Infrastructure:
- Leverage existing IdM, databases, and repositories to build federation and SSO services
- Automatic conversion of internal IdM credentials to federated cloud credentials