Adaptive & Risk based Authentication
- TYPE: Track START DATE: Thursday, May 15, 2014 START TIME: 11:00 LOCATION: ALPSEE
The search for a secure way to authenticate users’ identities to use systems is seemingly unending. Passwords appear to be cheap but password management can be expensive and passwords have well known risks that are still ignored. Risk based authentication where the authentication mechanism is dynamically chosen based on the level of risk has been widely promoted but involves extra costs and complexities. The increasing use of cloud, social and mobile adds extra risks and difficulties. This block of sessions will provide an update and advice on this complex area.
Continuing Education Credits
Advance Preparation: None
Learning Level: Intermediate
Field: Computer Science
After attending this block of sessions you will be able to:
- Describe what is new on the authentication scene and how this can help your organization face the challenges of cloud, mobile and social computing.
- Explain how can we use the latest advances in pattern and image recognition for example, to ensure that a secret remains a secret during the authentication process.
- Describe the latest work on authentication standards and mechanisms from the FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) alliance.
This block qualifies for up to 2 Group Learning based CPEs depending on the number of sessions you attend.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 13 - 16, 2014 Munich, Germany