Enterprise Role Management
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, December 04, 2008 TIME: 17:00 - 18:30 CET (08:00am PT, 16:00 UTC
Managing access rights through business roles is a key element of identity management initiatives and it is fundamental to an enterprise-wide GRC strategy. True? Are there alternatives? Fact is, that many role management projects tend to either run out of budget or time, or completely fail. In this 90 minutes XL-webinar, we will first talk about the 5 most important rules for a successful role management project, and then present the results of a recent survey we did to find out where most companies are right now.
Part I: Enterprise Role Management - the 5 most important rules (30 minutes)
Enterprise Role Management goes far beyond defining business roles for IAM in using a consistent approach for roles across all applications which require roles. It is about building an integrated layer of business roles, enabling a standardized approach. This part of the webinar will introduce the most important rules to build such a centralized role management.
- Enterprise role management - is it a requirement for a holistic approach to GRC?
- What is the best approach to enterprise role management?
- Converting business roles into system roles.
- Segregation of duties & enterprise role management
Part II: Enterprise Role Management Best Practices - Results from a Recent Survey (30 minutes)
- Reducing complexity? Cutting costs? Compliance? What are the business drivers for current role management projects in Europe and the US?
- Who is in charge for defining and managing business roles?
- How many roles and target systems?
- Do enterprises spend efforts in cleaning data before starting a role project?
- Which approach do companies choose to define their roles?
- What kind of tools are being implemented?
Part III: Thought Leadership Panel (30 minutes)
We cordially invite you to participate in this free webinar. Please take 5 minutes to answer a few questions in our online role management survey. Click here to open the form.
Aveksa was founded by a team of identity and access management pioneers, whose successful track records include Netegrity, Banyan Systems and PowerSoft. They recognized that businesses are struggling to achieve security governance across the enterprise, and are unable to efficiently or effectively manage the risk of inappropriate access to enterprise information resources.
From the time of our founding, we’ve focused on helping security teams and business managers collaborate on these objectives, through the automation of the many critical, yet manual tasks associated with access delivery, change management and compliance across the entire enterprise. We believe that in order to rapidly respond to business and regulatory demands, IT security organizations need an Enterprise Access Governance solution, to manage the complete lifecycle of user access to information resources through an automated, continuous process for access request, approval, fulfillment, review, certification and remediation.
We provide the industry's most comprehensive, enterprise-class, access governance and management solution, helping IT organizations reduce access management complexity and increase operational efficiency, while minimizing risk and ensuring sustainable compliance. Leading Global 2000 organizations in financial services, healthcare, retail, energy/utility, telecommunications, transportation and manufacturing rely on Aveksa to efficiently address access request, fulfillment and regulatory compliance demands.
Since 2006, when we released the first version of our product, we’ve been working hard to make our vision a reality. Our Enterprise Access Governance solutions are distinct in the following ways:
- We make line-of-business managers key participants in access governance
- We support ALL enterprise entitlements and roles; and enable role-based governance
- We provide reports, certifications and analytics that are easily understood by business users
- We enable and track entitlement changes
- Our solutions are designed for fast deployment and massive scale
- We embrace, complement and integrate with identity management and change management systems
- Aveksa's growing customer base includes leading organizations in financial services, health care and manufacturing. Our customers tell us that “we get it.” We think you will too
SailPoint is the leader in identity security for the cloud enterprise. We’re committed to protecting businesses from the inherent risk that comes with providing technology access across today’s diverse and remote workforce. Our identity security solutions secure and enable thousands of companies worldwide, giving our customers unmatched visibility into the entirety of their digital workforce, ensuring that each worker has the right access to do their job – no more, no less. With SailPoint as foundational to the security of their business, our customers can provision access with confidence, protect business assets at scale and ensure compliance with certainty.
Völcker Informatik AG was established in 1995 in Berlin. With its product ActiveEntry Völcker Informatik developed an integrated solution for IT Service Management which automates the allocation, assignation and control of IT products and services.
ActiveEntry combines the modules for Identity Management & User Provisioning, the Hardware & Asset Management as well as the Software & License Management.
With the spanning module Cost Management & Accounting the expenses for IT services can be identified and accounted causer-fairly. So the compliance with regulatory requirements can be guaranteed by an audit proof history of all IT resources of the employees.
Via open interfaces ActiveEntry integrates itself into the company workflows. From the order and approval up to the causer-fair charge all requirements at an IT Service Management in one end-to-end-system and under one surface are covered.
There is growing interest in deception as a methodology and as an integral part of cybersecurity architecture, as organizations seek more effective approaches for detecting and responding to threats in real time. Distributed Deception Platforms have made this approach practical and affordable for the first time, but choosing the right solution can be challenging.