Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery Why This Is an Essential Component of Digital Transformation
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 TIME: 10:50-11:10
It is tempting to believe that using a cloud service avoids the need to consider backup and disaster recovery but sadly this is not correct. The cloud customer is always responsible ensuring that their data is available when they need it and for protecting this against most risks. This mistaken belief can have severe consequences when an organization becomes critically dependent upon a service and the data it contains become unavailable.
All organizations need to consider the risks related to the availability of their business-critical data and take appropriate measures to mitigate these risks. In most cases this will involve investing in backup and disaster recovery products and services. In today’s hybrid IT environment these must cover both on-premises and cloud delivered services in a consistent way.
This session will cover KuppingerCole’s research into this area and summarize our Market Compass Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery. Key take aways include:
- Why cloud backup and disaster recovery is a business issue.
- The market direction for backup and disaster recovery.
- The basic capabilities that all cloud backup and disaster recovery solutions should support.
- The protection needed for SaaS, IaaS, and on premises IT delivery models
- Some featured vendor products.