The Future of AI in Cybersecurity
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 TIME: 11:00-12:00 LOCATION: Historische Kassenhalle
Artificial Intelligence is surely one of the hottest topics in nearly every industry nowadays, and not without reason. Some of its practical applications have already become an integral part of our daily lives – both at home and in offices; others, like driverless cars, are expected to arrive within a few years. With AIs beating humans not just in chess, but even in public debating, surely, they’ve already matured enough to replace security analysts as well?
In this session, we are going to look at the current state of AI in cybersecurity and try to see behind the buzzwords on product labels. What are the benefits and inherent limitations of current machine learning technologies? Should we expect any major breakthroughs in the upcoming years? And, last but not least, should we human security experts start worrying about our jobs already?
Phishing attacks on companies have become increasingly sophisticated in recent years. The high success rates in tactics such as CEO fraud, ransomware or cryptojacking have led to hackers spending much more time and resources manipulating their targets. This is also reflected in the increased incidence of spear phishing attacks and voice phishing operations. At the same time, technological developments in the field of machine learning (e.g. in natural language processing) offer a dangerous basis for new applications in this area. Dr. Niklas Hellemann gives an overview of new social engineering tactics, e.g. the a fraudulent AI-based voice bot that mimmicks the voice of top managers. In addition, hints are given on how companies can prepare themselves for advanced phishing methods, e.g. also using AI-based awareness solutions that simulate such attacks.
- Dynamite phishing is on a rampage: What are the current threats and tactis in social engineering and phishing
- No science fiction: how social engineers are already employing deep learning technology to manipulate employees
- What we can do against it: how companies can train an sensitize their employees using state of the art technology
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- Nov 12 - 14, 2019 Berlin, Germany
The Cybersecurity Leadership Summit 2019 is proud to present a large number of partners