Adding Depth to Your IAM: Automating Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD Administration
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 TIME: 4:00pm CEST, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
IAM and therein IGA (Identity Governance & Administration) focuses on managing identities and their access across a variety of systems.
That is essential, particularly for heterogeneous environments. However, there are two aspects that aren’t well-addressed by many of today’s IGA products:
- In-depth management of Active Directory, Azure AD, Office 365 and other core infrastructure elements, from creating mailboxes to in-depth access control in AD and on file servers
- Lightweight implementations for SMBs that don’t need the full breadth in capabilities
Where these requirements aren’t served well by existing IGA implementations or where these are just too complex for the customer’s IT infrastructure, targeted tools that work around Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and, nowadays, Azure AD, come into play – with the depth, adding to the breadth of IGA, or as standalone solutions for customers that don’t have and need a full IGA solution.
In this webinar, we will look at how a complete IAM infrastructure looks like and which capabilities are best provided by which tools, for different scenarios:
- Common IT infrastructure patterns, on premises, hybrid, and cloud, that need to be served by IAM
- IAM capabilities required for managing breadth and depth of such environments
- The role AD-centric tools can serve and where they complement common IGA tools
- Innovative capabilities to look at
In the first part of the webinar, Martin Kuppinger, Principal Analyst at KuppingerCole, will talk about various patterns of IT infrastructures, the critical IAM capabilities for these environments, and the specific role and need for AD-centric tools.
In the second part, Jay Reddy of ManageEngine, will go into more detail and look at advanced capabilities such as Adaptive Policy-based Access Management, User Behavior Analytics, Adaptive Authentication and others that enhance the value of such tools.
As the IT management division of Zoho Corporation, ManageEngine prioritizes flexible solutions that work for all businesses, regardless of size or budget.
As a market leader for 20+ years, ManageEngine crafts comprehensive IT management software with a focus on making your job easier. Our 120+ award-winning products and free tools cover everything your IT needs. From network and device management to security and service desk software, we're bringing IT together for an integrated, overarching approach to optimize your IT.
Today’s IT environments blend applications and services from multiple public cloud networks, private clouds and on-prem networks, making it difficult to view and inventory assets deployed across complex hybrid networks, and keep track of the security risks. Organizations need to find a way to improve visibility, identify and prioritize risks, and maintain cyber resiliency.