One Entitlement Management for all – How to Manage all Users, Services, and Service Providers Consistently
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 TIME: 17:00-18:00 CEST, 11am Eastern
As IT is becoming more and more hybrid, we will discuss in this webinar the trends, the changes, and approaches for a holistic entitlement management across different types of applications.
Entitlement Management, e.g. the management of who is allowed to do what, is a key topic for any organization today. It is about managing entitlements and access in a consistent way. However, most approaches today are mainly targeting internal users, internal services and systems, and internal service providers. There are some few others which focus on managing the external world – only. However, the reality of IT infrastructures and the business context is increasingly hybrid. There are internal and external users, customers as well as suppliers and partners. There are internal and external services, like SaaS applications. These application are run internally and externally. Entitlement Management up to Access Governance, e.g. the management and control of entitlements in IT organizations, has to adopt to these changes and to support any use case.
Martin Kuppinger of KuppingerCole will talk about the changing world of IT, becoming increasingly hybrid. He will discuss the trends, the changes, and approaches for a holistic entitlement management across different types of applications. From the KuppingerCole perspective, a consistent approach is mandatory to really being able to manage entitlements in a consistent way and to mitigate risks.
Afterwards, Christian Sundell of RM5 Software will describe an approach for an integrated entitlement management for different use case, not only with respect to internal and external users, services, and providers, but as well with focus on how to integrate a business process view with the IT view of this environment. He will describe requirements, best practices, an illustrate this based on customer use cases which are using such approaches today.
RM5 Software is a software company specialized to Entitlement Management.
RM5 IdM software offers a business centric solution to centralized Entitlement Management. RM5 IdM is an innovative software product for centralized management of business relations, service authorization rules, applications and network resources of Business Service Providers, Service Customers and 3rd parties organizations. RM5 IdM enables the administration of internal and external users´ Entitlements for internal and external systems and services.
RM5 IdM also enables the automation of entitlement processes and provides business-centric services for managing the lifecycle of entitlements. RM5 IdM contains powerful policy modeling capabilities, comprehensive administration processes and it supports the delivery of services based on real customer needs.
RM5 IdM´s hybrid deployment makes possible to obtain it as a service from commercial providers or be taken in use as a standard information system delivery. RM5 IdM is ideal for customers looking for the SaaS solution and is especially strong when managing external users.
RM5 IdM is a business-centric SaaS product which also allows to start or expand MSP IdM business by offering centralized Entitlement Management as a Service.
RM5 IdM offers:
• Easy-to use business-friendly service administration user interface
• One unified application for all administration
• Centralized identity and Entitlement repository
• Business-centric out-of-the box entitlement modeling capabilities
• Entitlement request and approval workflow
• Entitlement enforcement processes
• Service administration processes
• Reporting and Auditing for current and historical GRC processes
• Delegated administration processes
• Extended role-based access control
• Dynamic, Provisioned and E-mail based entitlement data sharing
• On-demand and scheduled Auditing for GRC
RM5 IdM meets and exceeds business needs:
• Proven concept for modelling many-to-many business relations
• Multi-dimensional model that supports any changes in business or entitlement rules
• Multiple factors that enable dynamic and flexible control of authorization validity
• Multi-representation and context-based authorization
• Rich multi-tenant data model
• Out-of-the box entitlement management service
• Unified management of internal and external users
• Authorization for internal and external services
• Shared entitlement management service for corporate / industry units
• Delegated administration for self-service maintenance (both internal and external organizations)
• Power of Attorney & DAC access control
RM5 IdM identity repository can integrate with and serve 3rd party solutions:
• Access management
• Network Admission Control
• Virtual Directories
• Enterprise Integration Applications
• Complement other IdM products
RM5 IdM ready-to-run functionalities enables rapid set-up of scalable Entitlement Management solution to implement organizations´ business models and processes.
As users, devices and application workloads move outside the corporate network, the traditional model of enforcing security at the network perimeter is no longer effective. A Zero Trust model offers an alternative that secures data while ensuring it is accessible to employees, regardless of where they are working. But the path to achieving Zero Trust is unclear for many organizations.