Blockchain ID for the Enterprise: A Single ID? A Good Complement? Or Irrelevant?
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, November 22, 2018 TIME: 4:00pm CET, 10:00am EST, 7:00am PST
Blockchain ID concepts build on the underlying DLT and regularly add an SSI (Self Sovereign Identity) approach. SSI allows the individual to maintain control of their PII (Personal identifiable information), while enabling them to both authenticate and share individual attributes. The advantage of Blockchain ID is the combination of security, reusability across business and strong privacy support. While businesses today are struggling with secure access (“password is dead”), customer onboarding (“do I really have to enter my details for that registration again?”) and ever-increasing regulatory compliance requirements, Blockchain ID promises to deliver a single solution to these challenges.
There are many supply chain and cross-business use cases that would benefit from using Blockchain ID. But is it truly the solution to the universal ID challenge? Is it mature enough? Where are the pitfalls and challenges? And finally, will it succeed?
In this webinar, Martin Kuppinger, Principal Analyst at KuppingerCole, will provide an overview of Blockchain ID, its relevance for the overall success of enterprise Blockchain use cases and real-world offerings. He will elaborate on the promises, potential, challenges and current state of Blockchain ID:
- What is Blockchain ID and what is the concept of SSI all about?
- Will SSI kill or foster enterprise use cases? Can businesses afford to lose control of PII?
- Current state of the Blockchain ID market
- Business solutions: Where businesses will benefit from the use of Blockchain IDs and where potential pitfalls could reside
- The fundamental challenges Blockchain ID providers are facing today – from adoption to roaming wallets
- KYC (Know Your Customer) as one of the most appealing use cases for Blockchain ID
By attending this webinar, you will benefit from KuppingerCole research and gain valuable insights to further develop your business’ Blockchain strategy. To learn even more, don’t miss our upcoming Blockchain Enterprise Days, February 19-20,2019, in Frankfurt, Germany. This event will deliver in-depth information and promises to be a gathering for thought leadership in the field of Blockchain.
PAM (Privileged Access Management) has grown over these years to become a crucial set of technologies that addresses some urgent cybersecurity issues today.
Come to the place where the Digital Transformation is happening. The European Identity & Cloud Conference, held from May 14-17, 2019, offers a mixture of best practice discussions, visionary presentations, and networking opportunities with a future-oriented community. More than 800 thought leaders, leading vendors, analysts, executives, and end-users get together in Munich to be inspired by a list of world-class speakers.