Blockchain ID for the Enterprise: A Single ID? A Good Complement? Or Irrelevant?
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, November 22, 2018 TIME: 4:00pm CET, 10:00am EST, 7:00am PST
Blockchain ID concepts build on the underlying DLT and regularly add an SSI (Self Sovereign Identity) approach. SSI allows the individual to maintain control of their PII (Personal identifiable information), while enabling them to both authenticate and share individual attributes. The advantage of Blockchain ID is the combination of security, reusability across business and strong privacy support. While businesses today are struggling with secure access (“password is dead”), customer onboarding (“do I really have to enter my details for that registration again?”) and ever-increasing regulatory compliance requirements, Blockchain ID promises to deliver a single solution to these challenges.
There are many supply chain and cross-business use cases that would benefit from using Blockchain ID. But is it truly the solution to the universal ID challenge? Is it mature enough? Where are the pitfalls and challenges? And finally, will it succeed?
In this webinar, Martin Kuppinger, Principal Analyst at KuppingerCole, will provide an overview of Blockchain ID, its relevance for the overall success of enterprise Blockchain use cases and real-world offerings. He will elaborate on the promises, potential, challenges and current state of Blockchain ID:
- What is Blockchain ID and what is the concept of SSI all about?
- Will SSI kill or foster enterprise use cases? Can businesses afford to lose control of PII?
- Current state of the Blockchain ID market
- Business solutions: Where businesses will benefit from the use of Blockchain IDs and where potential pitfalls could reside
- The fundamental challenges Blockchain ID providers are facing today – from adoption to roaming wallets
- KYC (Know Your Customer) as one of the most appealing use cases for Blockchain ID
By attending this webinar, you will benefit from KuppingerCole research and gain valuable insights to further develop your business’ Blockchain strategy. To learn even more, don’t miss our upcoming Blockchain Enterprise Days, February 19-20,2019, in Frankfurt, Germany. This event will deliver in-depth information and promises to be a gathering for thought leadership in the field of Blockchain.Can’t attend the live session? Go ahead and register, and we’ll send you a link to the webcast recording
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- Nov 22, 2018 4:00pm CET, 10:00am EST, 7:00am PST
Workforce mobility and widespread adoption of distributed data center and cloud environments have introduced significant access control complexities and threats. Organizations are questioning the efficacy of conventional, perimeter-based defenses and are now evaluating a “trust but verify” model. What are key enterprise considerations when deploying Zero Trust to enable seamless access, ensure business compliance and mitigate risk?
The Consumer Identity World Tour is the place where you get input for your perfect CIAM Strategy. Learn more about Privacy by Design, Consent Life Cycle Management and the needs of your customers. Get to know how to secure their personal information in a strategic and user-friendly way.