Software as a service (SaaS) is great. SaaS is taking over the world. That’s the good news. However, organizations that embrace the SaaS model struggle to effectively administer the overwhelming number of user accounts they have to create. Their users are constantly forgetting their passwords and calling the help desk. They are unhappy because they have to re-type their user ID and password for each application to log in over and over again during the day. It takes IT too long to create accounts for new users. When a user leaves the organization their SaaS accounts remain active, increasing the risk of data exposure.
At the same time, traditional IAM solutions focused on the enterprise have not kept pace with innovation. As a result, new approaches to identity and access management based on leveraging the powerful, elastic, and cost-effective cloud model are emerging.
In this webinar, Sr. Analyst Dave Kearns of KuppingerCole will discuss:
- Why you should consider moving your IAM infrastructure to the cloud.
- The benefits and challenges of managing user identities in the cloud.
- Important capabilities to consider including:
- The role of standards
- Alternative single sign-on (SSO) security models
- Strong authentication in the cloud
- Managing user provisioning/de-provisioning of SaaS accounts.
- What to look for when evaluating a cloud-based identity service provider.
Vikas Jain, Director of Product Management with the Application Security and Identity Products Group at Intel, will follow with an overview of Intel Cloud SSO, Intel’s newest identity and security solution for the cloud. Vikas will demonstrate how Intel’s solution enables companies to outsource their identity infrastructure to a trusted provider and quickly deploy cost-effective, standards-based identity features, including single sign-on, 2-factor strong authentication, and enterprise-class identity lifecycle management.