Ping Identity solutions for Customer Identity and Access Management
Customer Identity and Access Management systems and services provide new technical capabilities for organizations to know their customers better. Implementing Ping Identity’s solutions for CIAM can provide better user experiences, generate additional revenue, and enhance brand loyalty.
Commissioned by Ping Identity
1 Executive Summary
Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) is the fastest growing specialty in Identity and Access Management (IAM) that has emerged in the last few years to meet evolving business requirements. Many businesses and public sector organizations are finding that they must provide better digital experiences for and gather more information about the consumers who are using their services. Enterprises want to collect, store, and analyze data on consumers to create additional sales opportunities and increase brand loyalty.
For example, to reduce money laundering, cyber-crime, terrorist financing, and fraud, regulators are requiring banks and financial service providers to put into place mechanisms for “Knowing Your Customer” (KYC). Having IAM systems dedicated to hosting consumer identities and their associated profiles is a necessary first step toward KYC.
Customer Identity solutions
- Provide self-registration for customers
- Alternatively, provide options for bulk import of customer identities from existing systems
- Give users consent mechanisms to control the use of their data
- Enable Single Sign-On (SSO) across all digital properties
- Present multiple authentications options for customers, depending on policies, risks, and mechanisms available
- Manage unified customer profiles
- Facilitate fine-grained access control to resources and data
- Can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or both
- Scale to support millions of consumers, peak usage scenarios, and ensure performance and availability SLAs are met.
This paper explores CIAM concepts, business drivers, challenges of designing CIAM solutions, and the entry points into solution architectures. The paper will further show how Ping Identity’s suite of products can help meet both the business requirements and challenges of customer identity by providing customers with a robust, scalable, and future-embracing solution set.
Full article is available for registered users with free trial access or paid subscription.
Register and read on!
Sign up for the Professional or Specialist Subscription Packages to access the entire body of the KuppingerCole research library consisting of 700+ articles.