1 Introduction/Executive Summary
- The emergence of Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Platforms (CIEM) is disrupting the traditional PAM market; some traditional vendors now offering CIEM type capabilities.
- Dynamic cloud access demands continue to grow as organizations struggle with unauthorized clouds and personal cloud creation by Lines of Business (LOB), end users and Developers.
- New market entrants continue to appear but with highly focused PAM apps rather than suites, usually 100% cloud native.
- A market divide is emerging between centralized, multi-capability PAM platforms and smaller PAM and CIEM apps purchased for small businesses or LOBs
- Vaults vs. passwordless continues to be a choice but no sign yet of a persistent decline of vaults and password capabilities
- Just in Time (JIT) and Zero Standing Privilege (ZSP) demands are beginning to impact the market with vendors either now offering those capabilities or have in their roadmap.
- The number of PAM and PAM capable vendors (including Vendors to Watch) has increased despite mergers and acquisitions among established vendors.
- More granular and revised scoring by KuppingerCole has resulted in a realignment of vendors to reflect new capability demands and the changing market
- PAM Leadership Compass 2023 has revised Spider Graph categories to reflect changing market demands
- The overall Leaders are (in alphabetical order): ARCON, BeyondTrust, CyberArk, Delinea, EmpowerID, One Identity, Saviynt, Senhasegura and WALLIX.