Privileged Access Management
Privileged Access Management (PAM) is one of the most important areas of risk management and security in any organization. Privileged accounts have traditionally been given to administrators to access critical data and applications. But, changing business practices, agile software development and digital transformation has meant that users of privileged accounts have become more numerous and widespread. To reduce the risk of privileged accounts being hijacked or fraudulently used, and to uphold stringent regulatory compliance within an organization, a strong PAM solution is essential.
1 How to Use the Buyer's Compass
This KuppingerCole Buyer’s Compass on PAM solutions provides information about
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to ask the vendors
By focusing on the most important aspects of products and services offered compared to use cases helps during vendor selection, based on the experience of KuppingerCole from its research and advisory services.
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors but should provide an excellent starting point to streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use cases
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria
- Review the non-functional selection criteria
- Request information and rate vendors on these criteria
- Ask additional questions of vendors, as defined
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.
Full article is available for registered users with free trial access or paid subscription.
Register and read on!
Sign up for the Professional or Specialist Subscription Packages to access the entire body of the KuppingerCole research library consisting of 700+ articles.