Decentralized identity solutions - sometimes referred to as blockchain ID - are developing into a viable segment in IAM. Because the market segment is still very heterogeneous and gaining maturity, selecting a vendor to provide decentralized ID solutions should be done with care. This KuppingerCole Buyer’s Compass will equip you with key criteria and questions to help select an appropriate vendor.
1 How to Use the Buyer's Compass
This KuppingerCole Buyer’s Compass on decentralized identity solutions provides information about
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to ask the vendors
Focusing on the most important aspects of products and services offered compared to use cases helps during vendor selection, based on the experience of KuppingerCole from its research and advisory services.
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors but should provide an excellent starting point to streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use cases
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria
- Review the non-functional selection criteria
- Request information and rate the vendors on these criteria
- Ask additional questions of the vendors, as defined
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.