Buyer's Guide: Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS)
Organizations need a detailed yet carefully guided and defensible approach to evaluate Identity and Access Management Services (IDaaS). This document provides the required guidance and criteria necessary for evaluating IDaaS providers and supporting the request for proposal (RFP) processes. Security leaders are encouraged to use the criteria laid out in this research for IDaaS evaluation and modify it as necessary to meet specific business requirements.
1 How to use the Buyer's Guide
A buyer’s guide helps organizations in their vendor selection processes by focusing on the most important aspects of vendor selection based on the experience of KuppingerCole from its research and advisory services. This KuppingerCole Buyer’s Guide on IDaaS provides information about the following to help assess and select an IDaaS provider and service. It also provides guidance on creating and evaluating specific service criteria.
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to ask the vendors
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors but provides an excellent starting point to drive and streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use case(s)
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria
- Review the non-functional selection criteria
- Request information and rate the vendors on these criteria
- Ask additional questions of the vendors, as defined
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs.
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.
Full article is available for registered users with free trial access or paid subscription.
Register and read on!
Sign up for the Professional or Specialist Subscription Packages to access the entire body of the KuppingerCole research library consisting of 700+ articles.