1 How to use the Buyer's Guide
This KuppingerCole Buyer’s Guide on Marketing Automation solutions provides information about
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria (with a special focus on GDPR oriented topics)
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to ask the vendors
It helps organizations in their vendor selection processes, by focusing on the most important aspects of vendor selection, based on the experience of KuppingerCole from its research and advisory services.
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors, but should provide an excellent starting point to streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use case(s)
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria
- Review the non-functional selection criteria
- Request information and rate the vendors on these criteria
- Ask additional questions of the vendors, as defined
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs.
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place.
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.