Techniques for Securing Transactions With Identity Verification and Verifiable Claims
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 TIME: 4:00pm CEST, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
Consumer and Workforce identities are under assault. Cybercrime and fraud are pervasive problems that have only escalated during the pandemic. Even as the number of online and mobile transactions increases, businesses, government agencies, and other organizations are actively searching for solutions to help them minimize fraud and other kinds of cybercrime.
As most regions of the world entered some degree of lockdown due to the pandemic, consumers are increasingly relying on digital services to order groceries, take out food, medicines, hardware, home goods, etc. online. Most workforce in organizations continues working from remote locations. Under these new circumstances, a robust digital identity solution is key to making their experiences efficient, pleasant, and secure. Digital identities have never been more important.
Security researchers have seen an explosion of COVID-related fraud schemes. Even prior to COVID incidents of Account Takeover (ATO) and Synthetic Account fraud were on the rise.
Join this webinar where we will:
- Discuss examples of these kinds of fraud and how they work
- Talk about how authentication mechanisms today can be augmented to prevent such fraud
- Show how proper identity vetting processes are essential for authentication and authorization by acquiring authoritative attributes
- Explain why this, in turn, serves to increase identity assurance levels, thereby improving security, privacy, and ultimately, user experiences as well
John Tolbert, Lead Analyst at KuppingerCole, will explain why Covid-19 has led to an increase in ATOs and other kinds of fraud and how they work
He will be joined by Michael Engle, CSO at 1Kosmos who will discuss how a single solution can help verify identities, authenticate users and validate claims/credentials.
100 Franklin Square Dr, Suite 424 • 08873 Somerset, New Jersey • USA
BlockID by 1Kosmos revolutionizes identity management, enabling people and companies to escape from the legacy systems of paper-based documents and move into a true digital identity with unprecedented privacy, security, transparency and individual rights by leveraging the power of blockchain technology.