Hybrid Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery
This Buyer's Compass covers solutions that provide backup and restoration of IT service data into the cloud in the context of the hybrid IT service delivery environment that is now commonly found in medium to large organizations. These solutions provide the capability to backup IT service data together with all the necessary meta data required to make it possible to restore an exact copy of the application and its data together with its structure and permissions to achieve given Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives.
1 How to use the Buyer's Compass
This KuppingerCole Buyer's Compass on ITSM solution provides information about:
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to ask vendors
Focusing on the most important aspects of products and services offered compared to use cases helps during vendor selection, based on the experience of KuppingerCole from its research and advisory services.
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors but should provide an excellent starting point to streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use cases.
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria.
- Review the non-functional selection criteria.
- Request information and rate the vendors on these criteria.
- Ask additional questions of the vendors, as defined.
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs.
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place.
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.