AI Service Clouds
Enterprises are ready to launch smart projects and digital initiatives to drive their digital transformation, and are considering harnessing artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) for increased efficiency. AI Service Clouds enable diverse teams of ML expert and/or business decision makers to develop customized AI models. AI Service Clouds also typically incorporate lifecycle governance, explainability, and bias mitigation into the ML development process. This Buyer's Compass will provide you with questions to ask vendors, criteria to select your vendor, prepare your organization to conduct RFIs and RFPs, and determine requirements for selecting an appropriate AI Service Cloud.
1 How to use the Buyer's Compass
This KuppingerCole Buyer's Compass on AI Service Clouds provides information about
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to Ask the Vendors
By focusing on the most important aspects of product selection during and RFI/RFP cycle, end-user organizations can more efficiently select the subset of available products to evaluate, based on the experience of KuppingerCole from our research and advisory services.
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors but should provide an excellent starting point to streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use cases.
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria.
- Review the non-functional selection criteria.
- Request information and rate the vendors on these criteria.
- Ask additional questions of the vendors, as defined.
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs.
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place.
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.