Security in the Age of the Hybrid Multi Cloud Environment
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 TIME: 4:00pm CEST, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
How to Move Applications Into the Cloud Securely
The way is clear for the hybrid multi-cloud environment! With an increase in cloud services, the mitigation of cyber risks within such environments becomes paramount. The value of traditional security tools for cloud applications is very limited and the misconfiguration of cloud platforms is a key threat to their security.
Companies are faced with the nearly impossible task of having to maintain a corporate security baseline as well as central detection and reporting while using various onboard tools. Buying web access management and authentication as a service from a 3rd party can be the solution. Docker-based container services can help companies move web-applications into the cloud securely.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why it makes sense to embrace containerization.
- How Enterprises should plan for a secure hybrid, multi-cloud environment.
- About the growing importance of data, cloud and the need for security.
- How crucial central detection and reporting capabilities are in the context of growing cybersecurity risks.
- Why application-centric deployment is needed to support agile development processes combined with DevOps approaches.
In the first part, KuppingerCole Analysts Advisor Richard Hill will talk about:
- The hybrid environment reality
- Why containerized deployments matter
- Web Access Management (WAM)
In the second part, Michael Liebi, Founder and CEO of United Security Providers will explain why companies seeking to move web-applications to the cloud should look for 3rd party providers.
- Consistent security policy across cloud and on-premises environments
- How to secure Webapplications in Docker/OpenShift environments
- Central detection and reporting in a hybrid multicloud environment
Stauffacherstrasse 65/15 • 3014 Bern • Switzerland
Phone: +41 31 959 02 02
United Security Providers is a leading specialist in information security. The Swiss company employees over 100 security professionals at its offices in Bern, Zurich, London and Minsk and operates its own 24/7 Security Operations Center.
With its solutions United Security Providers protects IT infrastructures and applications for companies with high demands on security. Its customers include blue-chip, generally international companies in the finance sector, government, healthcare and industry.
The Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) market continues to develop with a significant push from organizations looking to adopt cloud-based delivery of security services including IAM. While IDaaS Access Management solutions, providing SSO (Single Sign-On) for the users and access to a variety of services are already established, IDaaS IGA is not as widely used yet. However, shifting IGA (Identity Governance and Administration) capabilities, e.g. Identity Lifecycle Management and Access Governance, to the cloud might provide significant benefits regarding time and cost of deploying and operating IGA.
Come to the place where the Digital Transformation is happening. The European Identity & Cloud Conference, held from May 12-15, 2020, offers a mixture of best practice discussions, visionary presentations, and networking opportunities with a future-oriented community. More than 800 thought leaders, leading vendors, analysts, executives, and end-users get together in Munich to be inspired by a list of world-class speakers.