Identity Verification & Authentication Made Easy
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, November 29, 2018 TIME: 2:00pm CET, 8:00am EST
Business is undergoing change. The Digital Transformation affects business models and changes the way businesses interact with their customers. A seamless customer journey is a key success factor for the digital business. This journey starts with attracting the customer and includes steps such as registration, Identity Verification and the authentication of customers when they return.
Astonishingly, a vast number of businesses still follow an “inside-out” approach when it comes to shaping the customer journey. They look at this from their internal perspective, “inside-out”, focusing on an approach that works well for them. However, to serve a customer perfectly, it is essential to change the focus and take the customer’s perspective. It is about thinking “outside-in”.
This KuppingerCole Webinar provides information on:
- How to look at Identity Assurance from the customer perspective? Understanding the “outside-in” approach
- What challenges do businesses face in today’s common approaches for Identity Verification and Customer Authentication and how to overcome these?
- How to integrate Identity Assurance, from the first contact to everyday authentication, with the overall customer journey?
- Recommendations for moving ahead with an approach on Identity Assurance that meets the requirements of Digital Businesses
In the first part of this webinar, Martin Kuppinger, Founder and Principal Analyst at KuppingerCole, will look at why it is essential moving from an inside-out to an outside-in approach and will also explain the basic technical processes around verification and authentication and explain how identity assurance helps address them.
In the second part, John Erik Setsaas, VP of Identity and Innovation at Signicat, will describe the results of an onboarding survey conducted by Signicat around how as many as 50% of customers abandon customer onboarding processes due to poor implementations, lack of digital identity verification, and lackluster user experiences.
Based in Trondheim, Norway, and founded in 2007, Signicat is the first and largest Identity Assurance Provider in the world, providing regulated markets with the technology to create mutual trust between organizations and their potential customers. With Signicat, service providers can build and leverage existing customer credentials to connect users, devices and even ‘things’ across channels, services and markets transforming identity into an asset rather than an obstacle. By ditching manual, paper based processes and replacing them with digital identity assurance, customer on-boarding is accelerated and access to services is made simple and secure. The company has local presence in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, UK and soon in Germany.