Easy and Secure User Access to Sensitive Information
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 TIME: 4:00pm CEST, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
In the first part of this webinar, Martin Kuppinger, Founder and Principal Analyst at KuppingerCole, will describe the concept of adaptive authentication and Adaptive Policy-based Access Management (APAM). He will also explain why it is crucial for proper access to information that authentication is dynamically changed and adjusted to the circumstances. In the second part, Reinier van der Drift, former President and CEO at Authasas, now a part of Micro Focus, will present a one-stop-solution that provides users with consistent, easy-to-use and secure access from various devices to sensitive data stored in their company’s own data center as well as by third parties and in the cloud.
In worldwide and decentralized work environments employees need everywhere and anytime instant, easy and secure access to necessary data and services, irrespective of the device and platforms they are using. However, customary credentials such as username and password have proven to be susceptible to attacks. Better controls without loss in convenience and end-user experience are needed.
An appropriate answer to this complex challenge is two- or multi-factor authentication, but this usually requires the costly management and maintenance of multiple infrastructures. Since these are generally also less secure, a useful solution would be a single x-factor authentication framework for all devices and methods. Such an advanced framework keeps costs low, allows mix and match of authentication technologies and ideally scales to any required size.
In this KuppingerCole Webinar, you will hear about:
- a risk-based authentication solution that adaptively tailors the applicable level of identity verification for each situation to keep access simple for users, without compromising security.
- an authentication framework that enables organizations to centralize their current authentication needs, and provides flexibility to adopt future authentication types at any time
- a low-cost two factor authentication on smartphones
- an integrated authentication solution for remote, on premise and web access
- how to mix and match multiple authentication methods
- how to avoid vendor lock in and re-use available access cards for strong authentication
The Lawn, 22-30 Old Bath Road • RG14 1QN Newbury, Berkshire • United Kingdom
Micro Focus is a global software company with 40 years of experience in delivering and supporting enterprise software solutions that help customers innovate faster with lower risk.
Our portfolio enables our 20,000 customers to build, operate and secure the applications and IT systems that meet the challenges of change.
We are a global software company, committed to enabling customers to both embrace the latest technologies and maximize the value of their IT investments.
Everything we do is based on a simple idea: the fastest way to get results from new technology investments is to build on what you have–in essence, bridging the old and the new.
From Cloud to mobile, datacenters to the Internet of Things, our solutions create the innovation that embraces new business models.
Mit zunehmender Digitalisierung und der Nutzung von Cloud-Services steigt das Angriffspotenzial auf die digitale Infrastruktur von Unternehmen. Hacker nutzen neuste Technologien, um Schwachstellen ausfindig zu machen und starten mit diesem Wissen Ihre Angriffe.