The Blockchain and Information Security
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, March 31, 2016 TIME: 4:00pm AEST
Information security opportunities and challenges with the blockchain’s trustless, distributed architecture
Given the how unprecedented this technology innovation is and the hype surrounding it, IT professionals will soon be faced with the task of protecting blockchain-based services or assessing the risks and opportunities of blockchain adoption within organisations.
- The blockchain today as a distributed ledger, tomorrow as a distributed compute platform
- The trustless security model from an information security perspective
- The blockchain and user identification, authentication and authorisation
- The blockchain and the Internet of Things (IoT): device identification, authentication and management
- The blockchain and digital rights management: proof of ownership, transfer of ownership, digital contracts and smart contracts
- The blockchain and Life Management Platforms: personal user information stores, user-controlled and revocable sharing of personal information with 3rd parties
In this webinar, Ivan Niccolai, Senior Analyst KuppingerCole, will provide a high-level view of how the distributed, trustless approach of blockchain technology works by substituting trusted third parties – which often must rely on arbitrary human judgement – with a computational proof-of-work algorithm.
This approach is not without its shortcomings and risks, as well as benefits, and Ivan will spend the second part of the seminar going into detail with each of the use cases listed previously.
Despite compromised passwords being the leading cause of data breaches, most online businesses still rely on solely using passwords for logins. While getting rid of password authentication is desirable from a security standpoint, organizations fear that it is a costly endeavor that can also affect user experience.
Blockchain is still on everyone’s lips and the 2019 can be the year when large enterprises finally embrace the distributed ledger technology. KuppingerCole's inaugural blockchain-themed event will go beyond the hype and will present you real use cases and applications for your enterprise. Blockchain Enterprise Days (#BeDays19) will take place on September 18-19, 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.