The Blockchain and Information Security
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, March 31, 2016 TIME: 4:00pm AEST
What new risks and solutions will blockchain technologies bring to user identification and authentication, the Internet of Things (IoT), Digital Rights Management and Life Management Platforms (LMP)? Is the use of blockchain technologies always appropriate?
Given the how unprecedented this technology innovation is and the hype surrounding it, IT professionals will soon be faced with the task of protecting blockchain-based services or assessing the risks and opportunities of blockchain adoption within organisations.
- The blockchain today as a distributed ledger, tomorrow as a distributed compute platform
- The trustless security model from an information security perspective
- The blockchain and user identification, authentication and authorisation
- The blockchain and the Internet of Things (IoT): device identification, authentication and management
- The blockchain and digital rights management: proof of ownership, transfer of ownership, digital contracts and smart contracts
- The blockchain and Life Management Platforms: personal user information stores, user-controlled and revocable sharing of personal information with 3rd parties
In this webinar, Ivan Niccolai, Senior Analyst KuppingerCole, will provide a high-level view of how the distributed, trustless approach of blockchain technology works by substituting trusted third parties – which often must rely on arbitrary human judgement – with a computational proof-of-work algorithm.
This approach is not without its shortcomings and risks, as well as benefits, and Ivan will spend the second part of the seminar going into detail with each of the use cases listed previously.
Today’s economy is clearly driven by data. The most successful companies are those that can use this data to create useful information that enables them to get closer to their customers, to create new products and be more efficient. Cloud services are a key enabler in this, they allow the capture, storage, and exploitation of vast amounts of data without the need for capital expenditure. They enable the rapid development and deployment of new applications as well as the modernization of existing one.
Come to the place where the Digital Transformation is happening. The European Identity & Cloud Conference, held from September 13 - 16, 2021, offers a mixture of best practice discussions, visionary presentations, and networking opportunities with a future-oriented community. More than 1000 thought leaders, leading vendors, analysts, executives, and end-users get together in Munich to be inspired by a list of world-class speakers.