No Real Security Without Multi-Factor Authentication Everywhere
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, June 16, 2016 TIME: 4:00pm CEST, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
Why even the strongest password policies are not enough today
To stay competitive, organizations must be able to adapt their business models to constantly changing demands, technology innovations and an ever-increasing number of communication channels with their current and future customers, business partners, suppliers and, of course, their own employees. Users want to access critical enterprise data anywhere at any time, from different devices and platforms.
Identity instead of firewalls is the new perimeter, and with this comes the need to improve security around user authentication. MFA is a baseline requirement for assisting in this. Yet it alone is not enough to ensure secure access to sensitive data without impeding productivity. Authentication must be flexible and adaptive, constantly adjusting access control policies according to various sources of context data. What organizations should also evaluate are versatile authentication and, as the next and logical step, context- and risk-based authentication and authorization.
This KuppingerCole Webinar covers the following topics:
- What is MFA? A definition
- Security risks modern digital businesses are facing when exposing sensitive data to their mobile workforce;
- Challenges of securing hybrid environments, as well as mixing managed and unmanaged devices;
- Advantages and shortcomings of various multi-factor authentication solutions;
- Crucial role of user behaviour analytics as a part of an adaptive policy-based access management architecture;
- Mobile security made easy: how ease of deployment and ease of use actually improve security.
In the first part of this webinar, Ivan Niccolai, Lead Analyst at KuppingerCole, will present an overview of the risks and challenges modern enterprise communications infrastructures are facing and explain how Multi-Factor authentication fits into the big picture.
In the second part of the webinar Barry Scott, CTO EMEA from Centrify will talk through implementing MFA across your enterprise and how you can strengthen security by combining MFA with SSO and least privilege access.
PAM (Privileged Access Management) has grown over these years to become a crucial set of technologies that addresses some urgent cybersecurity issues today.
Come to the place where the Digital Transformation is happening. The European Identity & Cloud Conference, held from May 14-17, 2019, offers a mixture of best practice discussions, visionary presentations, and networking opportunities with a future-oriented community. More than 800 thought leaders, leading vendors, analysts, executives, and end-users get together in Munich to be inspired by a list of world-class speakers.