No Real Security Without Multi-Factor Authentication Everywhere
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, June 16, 2016 TIME: 4:00pm CEST, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
Why even the strongest password policies are not enough today
To stay competitive, organizations must be able to adapt their business models to constantly changing demands, technology innovations and an ever-increasing number of communication channels with their current and future customers, business partners, suppliers and, of course, their own employees. Users want to access critical enterprise data anywhere at any time, from different devices and platforms.
Identity instead of firewalls is the new perimeter, and with this comes the need to improve security around user authentication. MFA is a baseline requirement for assisting in this. Yet it alone is not enough to ensure secure access to sensitive data without impeding productivity. Authentication must be flexible and adaptive, constantly adjusting access control policies according to various sources of context data. What organizations should also evaluate are versatile authentication and, as the next and logical step, context- and risk-based authentication and authorization.
This KuppingerCole Webinar covers the following topics:
- What is MFA? A definition
- Security risks modern digital businesses are facing when exposing sensitive data to their mobile workforce;
- Challenges of securing hybrid environments, as well as mixing managed and unmanaged devices;
- Advantages and shortcomings of various multi-factor authentication solutions;
- Crucial role of user behaviour analytics as a part of an adaptive policy-based access management architecture;
- Mobile security made easy: how ease of deployment and ease of use actually improve security.
In the first part of this webinar, Ivan Niccolai, Lead Analyst at KuppingerCole, will present an overview of the risks and challenges modern enterprise communications infrastructures are facing and explain how Multi-Factor authentication fits into the big picture.
In the second part of the webinar Barry Scott, CTO EMEA from Centrify will talk through implementing MFA across your enterprise and how you can strengthen security by combining MFA with SSO and least privilege access.
More and more organizations use CIAM for B2B use cases as such combination can help companies position themselves on the market. While no one argues that user experience journey for the B2B Customer is just as important as any other customer, they most certainly need a relatively different set of features.
Blockchain is still on everyone’s lips and the 2019 can be the year when large enterprises finally embrace the distributed ledger technology. KuppingerCole's inaugural blockchain-themed event will go beyond the hype and will present you real use cases and applications for your enterprise. Blockchain Enterprise Days (#BeDays19) will take place on September 18-19, 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.