Identity and Access Management: Where to start?
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 TIME: 4:00pm CET, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
Many organizations – of all sizes – still have no or only a rudimentary IAM in place. When looking at IAM, it quickly turns out that this is about more than a single technology.
That raises the question where to start?
The basic answer is simple:
- Understand your business case(s) and requirements
- Define guidelines and policies, processes, and organization
- Define your big picture of your future IAM and how things fit together
- Start with your high priority challenges and select the appropriate vendors, based on your priorities
Unfortunately, none of these steps is really easy. The webinar will provide with advice on how to best perform these steps. It will look at common scenarios, i.e. best practices on how to start into IAM and the use cases they cover. It helps in making well thought-out decisions and balancing between the urging business demand and the need for well thought-out, sustainable solutions.
As users, devices and application workloads move outside the corporate network, the traditional model of enforcing security at the network perimeter is no longer effective. A Zero Trust model offers an alternative that secures data while ensuring it is accessible to employees, regardless of where they are working. But the path to achieving Zero Trust is unclear for many organizations.