The Business Value of Log Management Best Practices
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 TIME: 3pm (CET), 2pm (UK)
Although log management recently has been gaining more attention as a key element of any information security strategy, many even large organizations have not yet developed and implemented log management best practices. In this webinar, Kuppinger Cole´s Pricipal Analyst Martin Kuppinger will discuss with you the business value of best practices for log management. Followed by Martin, Pascal Oetiker from Novell will describe his view on how to develop and implement log management best practices.
Due to a consistently tightening framework of legal and governance requirements, and due to a continuous strive for process quality improvements, information extracted from log data is more and more becoming a valuable source not only for IT security departments, but also for HR, the legal department, internal audit, finance, engineering and even (or: first and foremost) marketing and sales.
In this webinar you will learn, how to create additional business value through creating and implementing log management best practices.
- How to efficiently manage an increasing amount of log data and save storage costs
- What the best possible approach to log management best practices for your individual situation is
- How to significantly increase information security and pro-actively avoid damages from new threats
- Seamlessly include cloud service logs into your enterprise log management
Kuppinger Cole´s Principal Analyst Martin Kuppinger will discuss with you the business value of best practices for log management. Followed by Martin, Pascal Oetiker from Novell will describe his view on how to develop and implement log management best practices.
As workers become more mobile and workloads move into the cloud, the traditional model of enforcing security at the network perimeter becomes ineffective. A Zero Trust model of strict access control for every user or device protects your organization from advanced security threats enabling you to stay connected, productive and secure.