Best Practices for Enterprise Log Management
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, September 30, 2010 TIME: 15:00 CEST, 1pm UTC, 9am EDT
- Increasing pressure from regulatory compliance, professionalized external attacks, and the increasing complexity of IT environments require a consolidated, close to real-time overview of logs to mitigate risks and to support automated, efficient management of IT infrastructures.
- Having high-level policies and controls is important – but if you are not able to drill down to the details, you can’t prove what is shown at the top. Log management provides the details you need.
- Log management as one foundational element in GRC strategies which span all levels – from business to the technical systems.
- Missing standardization requires tools which enable the easy consolidation and aggregation of different logs.
Efficiently Managing Risks and Simplifying Regulatory Compliance in Hybrid EnvironmentsMartin Kuppinger, Kuppinger Cole
- Better protecting customer and enterprise information against new threats
- Leveraging your current infrastructure to increase efficiency and minimize capex
- Defining a strong and cloud-proof security foundation to manage risk, comply with regulations and reduce overall complexity
- IT Market Landscape and Dynamics
A Proactive Approach to Risk ManagementPascal Oetiker, Novell
- Where are the potentials to simplify risk management?
- Log Management Best Practices
Despite compromised passwords being the leading cause of data breaches, most online businesses still rely on solely using passwords for logins. While getting rid of password authentication is desirable from a security standpoint, organizations fear that it is a costly endeavor that can also affect user experience.
Blockchain is still on everyone’s lips and the 2019 can be the year when large enterprises finally embrace the distributed ledger technology. KuppingerCole's inaugural blockchain-themed event will go beyond the hype and will present you real use cases and applications for your enterprise. Blockchain Enterprise Days (#BeDays19) will take place on September 18-19, 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.