Patients, People and Things - Managing Identities in Healthcare
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, July 05, 2018 TIME: 4:00pm AEST, 2:00pm HKT, 8:00am CEST
Join this webinar to learn how to ensure personal data is not compromised and the steps to deployment of improved medical services infrastructure that is compliant with current legislation and enables digital transformation.
This webinar will discuss developments in the following areas:
- Increasing security requirements for better access control to sensitive information and clinical systems. Eighty percent of fraudulent system accesses occurs through compromised accounts, robust access control is no longer an option.
- Elimination of passwords for login to clinical systems is not only desirable but achievable with mobile IAM technology.
- Rising acceptance of IoT devices for vital sign monitoring, in-home medical device applications and personal wearables require policies and procedures to be established.
- Young people are increasingly demanding public access to health information. They want to be able to access a wide range of services, from general wellness information to their private health record. And they want this on their platform of choice i.e. Apple Health, Samsung Health or Google Fit.
- Medical software vendors are increasingly supporting external identity stores, whether it be an electronic master patient index or a Citizen Identity and Access Management (CAIM) solution. Preparing for this is recommended.
In the first part of this webinar, Anmol Singh, Lead Analyst at KuppingerCole, will give an introduction about IAM in modern healthcare facilities, the services being requested, and the solutions currently offered.
Graham Williamson, Senior Analyst at Kuppingercole, will present specific use case examples in healthcare and illustrate the need to adopt current identity and access management practices in order to save money and enhance user experience.
The webinar ends with a question and answer session in which participants are invited to discuss the application of modern identity and access management technology to specific healthcare requirements.
KuppingerCole, founded in 2004, is an international and independent Analyst organization headquartered in Europe. The company specializes in offering neutral advice, expertise, thought leadership and practical relevance in Information Security, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Governance (IAG), Risk Management & Compliance (GRC) as well as all areas concerning the Digital Transformation. KuppingerCole supports companies, corporate users, integrators and software manufacturers in meeting both tactical and strategic challenges. Maintaining a balance between immediate implementation and long-term viability is at the heart of KuppingerCole’s philosophy.
As a core element of KuppingerCole’s research, the company provides different types of reports with thought leadership and a vendor-neutral view on the status of the markets, products, and vendors. KuppingerCole’s qualified analysts continuously research and update the company’s online research library, and perform manufacturer-independent advisory services.
Further, KuppingerCole organizes conferences, workshops, and webcasts in all fields of identity focused on information security, IAM, Cloud, Digital Risk and Digital Transformation. KuppingerCole’s yearly European Identity & Cloud Conference is Europe’s leading event for thought leadership and best practice in this area and covers the latest and future topics regarding the challenges in digital business.
KuppingerCole is the best advisory partner in making your business successful in the era of Digital Transformation.
You will find additional information on our website:
For the latest news about KuppingerCole follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Cyber attackers continue to be successful in gaining access to many different organizations, often by exploiting identities and weak authentication. To ensure they are protected, organizations should consider modern Adaptive Authentication techniques to increase identity security and thwart attacks.
Come to the place where the Digital Transformation is happening. The European Identity & Cloud Conference, held from May 14-17, 2019, offers a mixture of best practice discussions, visionary presentations, and networking opportunities with a future-oriented community. More than 800 thought leaders, leading vendors, analysts, executives, and end-users get together in Munich to be inspired by a list of world-class speakers.