Clearing up a Cloudy Standard: Simple Cloud Identity Management
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Thursday, December 15, 2011 TIME: 16:00 CET / 7:00am PT / 10:00am ET / 3:00pm GMT
"Simple Cloud Identity Management (SCIM) appears to be our best chance for any sort of public provisioning standard, something we desperately need and have needed for years", says Dave Kearns. Join him, Ping Identity CTO Patrick Harding and SailPoint CTO Darran Rolls for this webinar on the newest provisioning specification which both Harding and Rolls have been involved with from the beginning.
Patrick Harding noted "Over the past two years, we have consistently heard from our customers that proprietary APIs make no sense. They ask, ‘why haven’t the cloud vendors implemented a standard?’"
According to Darran Rolls, "It’s imperative that we as IdM vendors work to speed and simplify how enterprises integrate their identity infrastructure with SaaS applications. As evidenced by the early support we've gotten from the major cloud application vendors, industry adoption of SCIM is quickly becoming a reality." Join us in this webinar to find out:
- why SCIM is more likely to become industry supported than SPML (Service Provisioning Markup Language),
- what are its shortcomings,
- what a version 2.0 should support, and
- how to put it into practice both for the cloud and for the datacenter.
Today’s IT environments blend applications and services from multiple public cloud networks, private clouds and on-prem networks, making it difficult to view and inventory assets deployed across complex hybrid networks, and keep track of the security risks. Organizations need to find a way to improve visibility, identify and prioritize risks, and maintain cyber resiliency.