KuppingerCole's Advisory stands out due to our regular communication with vendors and key clients, providing us with in-depth insight into the issues and knowledge required to address real-world challenges.
Meet our team of analysts and advisors who are highly skilled and experienced professionals dedicated to helping you make informed decisions and achieve your goals.
Meet our business team committed to helping you achieve success. We understand that running a business can be challenging, but with the right team in your corner, anything is possible.
Monica was the first CEO of South Africa’s Central Securities Depository (CSD), Strate (Pty) Ltd which she set up in 1998 until she resigned in August 2017.
In October 2017, Monica was appointed as South Africa Lead for ConsenSys, being the biggest blockchain company in the world. Monica lives in Cape Town and works remotely.
Monica currently also participates as:
· Board member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
· Professor of Practice in the School of Accounting in the University of Johannesburg specialising in blockchain for the accounting and auditing profession.
· Board member of the Accounting Blockchain Coalition (ABC) which is defining market practices for accounting, auditing and taxes for crypto assets.
Monica previously worked at the Johannesburg Stock Exchange 1996/1998 and the World Bank in Washington DC in 1995/1996 and was the Technical Director of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) from 1989 to 1995. Monica completed her articles with the audit firm Arthur Young in 1987.
Monica sat on various board over the years:
• Vice chair of GLEIF and chair of the business strategy advisory committee of the Global Legal Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) based in Switzerland.
· Chair of the Afrika Tikkun investment trust for 10 years
· Strate Charity shares which donates to underprivilege children.
· Vice President of the Africa Middle East Depositories Association (AMEDA).
Monica has been recognised over the last 20 years with many awards, the most notable being the first winner of the Conscious Company award in South Africa in 2017.