Killing the Password
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 12, 2016 TIME: 11:00-12:00 LOCATION: AMMERSEE I
The Future of Authentication - Stop Sweating the Password
We all understand that the concept of username/password to control access is insecure and out of date in a world where anything is connected and a new approach is needed. But how can we make the password obsolete? There have been many announcements, that the password is dead and indeed, there have been alternatives available - but mainly as siloed non-standard approaches. Now, there is something new: initiatives like FIDO are proposing alternatives going beyond a single vendor and it looks like we are getting closer to the end of passwords. To better understand, why the password still dominates, we need to find out, why the market has failed so far, and we need to talk about the usability, communications and rollout of alternatives which might eventually kill the password. Some of the aspects to be discussed:
- What are the alternatives to passwords and in which state are they?
- What do I need in order to do this (software, hardware, infrastructure)?
- Technical rollout considerations for passwordless services
- How do I implement/get buy-in within my organization to drive this project? (i.e. what are the trigger points for stake holders)
- How to change user behavior and mentality with regards to passwords
- FIDO v1 or better wait for v2?
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 10 - 13, 2016 Munich, Germany