Next-Generation Business Intelligence Platforms
Enterprises are consuming and generating more data than ever before. To handle the volume of incoming data and generate actionable insights, enterprises are turning to business intelligence (BI) platforms. Beyond traditional BI platforms, next-generation BI platforms often incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to streamline workflows. This Buyer's Compass will provide you with questions to ask vendors, criteria to select your vendor, prepare your organization to conduct RFIs and RFPs, and determine requirements for selecting an appropriate next-generation BI platform.
1 How to use the Buyer's Compass
This KuppingerCole Buyer's Compass on Next-Generation BI Platforms provides information about
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to Ask the Vendors
By focusing on the most important aspects of product selection during and RFI/RFP cycle, end-user organizations can more efficiently select the subset of available products to evaluate, based on the experience of KuppingerCole from our research and advisory services.
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors but should provide an excellent starting point to streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use cases.
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria.
- Review the non-functional selection criteria.
- Request information and rate the vendors on these criteria.
- Ask additional questions of the vendors, as defined.
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs.
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place.
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.
Full article is available for registered users with free trial access or paid subscription.
Register and read on!
Sign up for the Professional or Specialist Subscription Packages to access the entire body of the KuppingerCole research library consisting of 700+ articles.