Malware remains a global cybersecurity threat. This KuppingerCole Buyer’s Compass will provide you with questions to ask vendors, criteria to select your vendor, and requirements for successful deployments. This document will prepare your organization to conduct RFIs and RFPs for endpoint protection.
1 How to use the Buyer's Compass
This KuppingerCole Buyer’s Compass on Endpoint Protection provides information about
- Use Cases
- Functional Selection Criteria
- Non-functional Selection Criteria
- Technical Prerequisites
- Organizational Prerequisites
- Questions to ask the vendors
By focusing on the most important aspects of product selection during and RFI/RFP cycle, end-user organizations can more efficiently select the subset of available products to evaluate, based on the experience of KuppingerCole from our research and advisory services.
This document is not a complete guideline for selecting vendors but should provide an excellent starting point to streamline the decision-making process.
How to use it:
- Identify your primary use cases
- Review the functional selection criteria – their weight might be based on the matrix of these use cases and the functional selection criteria
- Review the non-functional selection criteria
- Request information and rate the vendors on these criteria
- Ask additional questions of the vendors, as defined
- Define a shortlist of vendors based on the results and continue with the vendor selection process, with more detailed RFIs and PoCs
- Ensure that the technical and organizational prerequisites are in place.
Note: This Buyer’s Compass addresses malware detection and prevention of compromise on the endpoint. A complete anti-malware architecture must include network layer defenses as well, such as content-aware perimeter firewalls, web application firewalls, and email gateway scanners. There are additional considerations and questions that are involved in preparing procurement processes for these different types of solutions.
There are related documents available from KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole Advisory Services can provide further support in the vendor selection processes.