Dell Identity Manager 7.0: Why Things Have Changed
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 TIME: 4:00pm CET, 10:00am EST, 7:00am PST
IAM (Identity & Access Management) is a central discipline of Information Security. But it rarely starts on a green field – commonly there are already some IAM components in place such as directories, Single Sign-On etc. There might also be e. g. IT service management tools in the company. Thus, IAM must integrate well into the existing landscape. Depending on their current infrastructure and requirements, organizations therefore might want to start at different points with IAM. Successful implementations demand a holistic, unified view.
However, there is one crucial aspect to keep in mind throughout the process of finding the right solution(s): Not the tool drives the customer, but the customer requirements drive selection and implementation of tools. The keys to success are flexible, modular architectures and APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) for integration. IAM must also be ready to scale at any time for new requirements (such as IoT support, consumer identities etc.). Consequently, it might always be best to "think big, but start small".
In this KuppingerCole Webinar, you will get information about:
- why IAM is more than just a single technology or application
- best practices for enterprise architecture decisions from a business and technology point of view
- balancing security and compliance needs with agility and cloud connectivity
- how IAM enables secure processes, information and collaboration on the way to the new ABC: "Agile businesses - connected"
- the change in the architecture of Dell's One Identity Manager 7.0, architectural innovations and new features.
Martin Kuppinger, Founder and Principal Analyst at KuppingerCole, will give an overview of the different solutions for IAM/IAG and explain why he expects an increasing convergence towards an integrated Access Governance/Identity Provisioning market.
Alex Binotto, senior product manager for Dell's Identity and Access Governance product portfolio will provide insight into the roadmap for his company's IAM portfolio and Dell One Identity Manager. He will also present the modular and scalable solution's latest capabilities.
Access Governance-Tools sind in der heutigen Business-IT ein unverzichtbares Element. Sie dienen dem Management von Benutzer- und Berechtigungsworkflows, der Vergabe von Zugangsrechten, der Durchführung von Kampagnen zur Zugriffszertifizierung und der Implementierung und Prüfung von Controls für die Funktionstrennung (SOD). Mit einer wachsenden Zahl von Business-Applikationen, gerade auch aus der Cloud, und ihrer Vernetzung wächst die Herausforderung, Access Governance übergreifend und automatisiert umzusetzen.