Prof. Dr. Christoph von der Malsburg studied physics in Göttingen, Munich and Heidelberg and received his PhD there on his work at CERN in Geneva. After a longer period at the Neurobiology Department of the Max-Planck Institute in Göttingen, he taught as a Professor for Informatics and Neuroscience at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles and as a Professor for System-Biophysics at the Institute for Neuroinformatics at the Ruhr University Bochum. His interest is focused on the way how the human brain is organizing itself and how it works. Prof. Dr. Malsburg is proposing self-organizing neural networks as the code to explain intellectual processes.
His scientific focus:
- Understanding the phenomenon of organization
- Understanding the organization of the brain
- Modeling processes of organization in the visual system, in ontogenesis, in learning, in function
- Using the problem of invariant object recognition as paradigmatic application field to work on all of the above.
- Contact person:
Ms. Lauren Zuber
+49 211 23707725
- Jun 12, 2019 18:00 - 22:00 Wiesbaden