GDPR & The Revised European Payment Services Directive (PSD2)
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 TIME: 12:00-13:00 LOCATION: New York
With GDPR, an entirely new chapter is added to the overly exciting book of data protection regulation in Europe. The General Data Protection Regulation will be enforceable from 26 May 2018 – and it applies to any business with involvement of personal information in Europe – regardless where the business is located. GDPR introduces numerous new rules
- setting out detailed requirements for internal and external facing processes
- establishing entirely new responsibilities and roles for the sake of protection of personal information within a business
- expose businesses that are non-compliant to significantly higher fines.
The presentation will point out
- in which way the new rules have an impact on internal processes and responsibilities
- which are the measures to be taken in order to comply
- the regime of consequences of non-compliance
- how a GDPR compliance project should be structured to achieve compliance efficiently
GDPR is on its way and there is no way around it if you want to do business successfully. Make yourself aware of its impacts and consequences for your business – if GDPR had one impact in Europe already, it's raising awareness for data protection compliance and this effect is highly unlikely to go away the closer we come to 26 May 2018.