Authorization as a Business Need
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 TIME: 14:30-15:30 LOCATION: ALPSEE
Authorization has become a critical component of the Identity & Access Management landscape. Where identity lays the foundation, dynamic authorization helps ensure the right access at the right time to the right resources, ensuring secure collaboration between the IAM teams and the business. With the rapid change in business models and technology trends, it is imperative that authorization services keep pace to meet evolving requirements. This panel of experts should provide a lively discussion about the changing landscape of authorization systems.
- Insight into authorization implementation
- A view into common business challenges that are solved by authorization and the business outcomes
- An understanding of how to evolve legacy access control using attributes to structure a policy-based approach
Managing accesses represents an incredible organizational challenge. The usual way is to grant rights on a case by case basis, complicating the task of security administrators, often by copying rights that similar employees currently have or had in the past. Over time, risk is that employees accumulate undue privileges or that accounts are forgotten and not deactivated, leading to a higher insider risk or account hijacking by external attackers. The risk is even higher with IT employees who obviously have extended privileges. The process of creation is often slow, leading to disgruntled managers and employees, whereas the removal process is unsound. Setting up RBAC can drastically reduce these risks and increase employees’ productivity. Discover through this case study the best practices in implementing RBAC and what were the lessons learned.
1) Get an example of a practical implementation of RBAC
2) Understand what to focus on when implementing RBAC
3) Get a sense of the required process
4) Understand how to get buy-in for such a project
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 14 - 17, 2019 Munich, Germany