- TYPE: Workshop DATE: Friday, May 18, 2018 TIME: 09:00-12:30 LOCATION: AMMERSEE II
Hybrid Cloud Done Right
The hybrid cloud – that is, a computing infrastructure that combines public cloud services with private cloud or legacy on-premises resources – is being strongly promoted by cloud service providers as the answer to the needs of enterprises. Usually, hybrid cloud solutions are hailed for their combination of scalability, agility and cost-efficiency of public cloud with the increased security and compliance of keeping sensitive data on-premises under your full control.
But is this really the case? Each vendor has their own definition for a hybrid cloud, and there is a difference between a hybrid cloud strategy and a hybrid cloud deployment. What are the benefits that a hybrid cloud can provide and how can you ensure that your organization achieve these benefits? What are the security and compliance challenges around the use of a hybrid cloud? How does a hybrid cloud change the compliance landscape for GDPR?
This workshop will cover the concepts and strategies for technical and organizational cloud security in a hybrid world. These will include:
- Why, when and how to move to a hybrid cloud model
- Why good governance is essential for the hybrid cloud
- Security futures: cloud-based communications security, CASBs, IDaaS and more
- Encryption in transit and at rest vs. Information Rights Management
- How to protect IP and PII
- List what risks are involved in hybrid cloud use
- Identify which controls you need for the hybrid cloud
- Understand the compliance implications of the hybrid cloud
- Successful strategies for moving to a secure hybrid cloud
- How to do the project? How to combine what you have on premises and what you get from the cloud? How to reduce complexity of on premises IT? How to manage and secure your endpoints?
Attend this workshop to find out how to successfully, securely and cost effectively implement your hybrid cloud.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is intended for the people in an organization that are concerned with procuring and assuring cloud services including:
- IT Governance/Compliance/Audit managers
- IT service managers
- IT risk/security managers
- Procurement and Legal managers
- Line of business managers considering cloud services.
Introduction to the Hybrid Cloud
Implementing a Secure Hybrid Cloud
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 15 - 18, 2018 Munich, Germany
The European Identity & Cloud Conference 2018 is proud to present a large number of partners