4IR/Industrie 4.0 & Identity Futures
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 17, 2018 TIME: 17:00-18:00 LOCATION: AMMERSEE II
Are we on the Brink of an Identity Revolution?
Are we on the brink of a revolution that will fundamentally change society and the way we live and work?
The Identiverse is a big and scary place, and according to Professor Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum it will get bigger and scarier. He calls this brave new world The Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR). In Germany it is known as Industry 4.0 and in Japan they are considering the world beyond, and they call it Society 5.0.
In this new world emerging technologies will fuse the physical, digital and biological worlds to create a cyber-physical world driven by information. It will impact all disciplines, economies and industries, and it will even challenge our ideas about what it means to be human.
In this session:
- Robert Lapes, Identity Advisor at Capgemini, will explore how The Fourth Industrial Revolution will challenge our conventional view of identity, privacy and society.
- A panel of stakeholders from: academia, NGOs and industry will:
- discuss how 4IR might affect topics such as: identity, privacy, our notion of ownership, consumerism, work-life balance, education and social impact.
- consider the opportunities and risks that 4IR presents for identity
- suggest how we should prepare for 4IR
- answer questions from the audience.
On Friday afternoon there is a follow on interactive workshop for delegates to discuss, in more depth, the issues raised in this session.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 15 - 18, 2018 Munich, Germany