How to Prepare for the Upcoming Regulations?
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 TIME: 11:00-12:00 LOCATION: 409
Panel: GDPR Economics - The Survival of the Fittest
Industry surveys from late 2016 exposed more than half of the world’s businesses as unready for GDPR. Recent anecdotal observations suggest much work remains to avoid a train wreck in 2018.
Awareness of GDPR obligations and risks is necessary to protect businesses, but is that enough? Like every other seminal change in the Internet or IT environment, the requirement to comprehensively address online privacy will create winners and losers. Losers will face regulatory friction and fines that create major distractions from more profitable pursuits. Winners will avoid most such consequences and retain the right to market to an expanding customer base.
This panel will bring together analysts, vendors, and end users to explore leading practices in businesses preparing for GDPR. We’ll consider questions such as:
- Should business processes such as personal data access, informed consent, and the right to be forgotten be approached as a purely-compliance driven exercise?
- Is there a risk of overspending on compliance while slowing other business initiatives?
- Should GDPR be treated as a strategic opportunity to create enhanced relationships with customers?
- What practical challenges lie ahead for businesses seeking to engage customers by putting them in control of personal information?
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- Sep 12 - 13, 2017 Seattle, USA