Anyone who has attended our European Identity & Cloud Conference (EIC) in the past 15 years will know that this is the leading event when it comes to current and future trends in IAM and privacy (not to mention cloud security or cybersecurity). EIC is about the union of analyst thought leadership, the expertise of industry leaders, and best practices from the field.
This year’s EIC continues and strengthens this proud tradition with more than 200 speakers, covering a huge range of topics, which an increased focus on cybersecurity.
Some of the highlights in the “trending topics” area include:
- PAM (Privileged Access Management) redefined: With digital transformation and the shift to the cloud, increasing regulatory demands, and the growth of DevOps, PAM offerings are evolving rapidly. We will have a look at this evolution.
- Getting a grip on entitlements in the cloud: Closely related to this is the emergence of CIEM (Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management) and the broader concept of DREAM (Dynamic Resource Entitlement and Access Management), the latter unveiled by us at last year’s EIC.
- Reinventing Identity and Access Governance: Role-based IAM projects tend to stall, and no one likes to do access recertifications. It’s time to rethink, and time for breakthrough innovations addressing the root causes of issues and not just the symptoms.
- The return of policy-based access management: While being the norm in authentication, we still have a long way to go for mainstream adoption of policy-based access in the authorization. There is also a lot going on in the market, and we will shed a light on this.
- The rise of decentralized identities: A well-established topic of EIC. We have been tracking and fostering evolution for years, and decentralized identities are now becoming a reality.
- Really passwordless: It is also not new that “passwords are dead” (and continue to exist). But passwordless authentication has become a real-world option now, not only for consumers but also for the workforce. How to get there? Visit EIC.
- Fraud, identity, security intelligence & UBA: Zero Trust champions the concept of “always verify” (instead of blindly trusting). Fraud reduction, user behavior analytics, and identity & security intelligence are all ways of mitigating access risks by not only looking at static entitlements but also at actual account behavior.
- AI for IAM: Finally, AI – more as an “augmenting” than an “artificial” intelligence – in IAM and Cybersecurity will be an important theme. Again, there is a lot going on in the market, and EIC is the place to learn about the newest concepts, as well as to understand what is ready to be put into practice.
This year will finally be the year where we can gather again in a large group, while still engaging with all those joining this fully hybrid event remotely from around the world.
Book your place without further delay for this great opportunity to connect with vendors, industry thought leaders, your peers, and the KuppingerCole analysts, either virtually online or in-person in Berlin.