GDPR in a Nutshell
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 TIME: 11:00-12:00 LOCATION: AMMERSEE I
In January 2016, the European Commission had passed the GDPR, which will take effect in May 2018. One of the main purposes is to harmonize European Data Protection law. The new regulation will automatically take effect, without any need for ratification by local governments. The impact of the GDPR will be strong and it is time now to define a "roadmap for compliance". In this talk, KuppingerCole´s Legal Analyst Dr. Karsten Kinast, LL.M will explain the core components of GDPR and discuss with you those areas, where your organization will be affected.
- Territorial Scope: Who falls under GDPR jurisdiction? Why is it a topic for non-EU organizations?
- What exactly does "Privacy-by-Design" mean and how has it to be implemented?
- Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- The Right to be Forgotten and its impact on your Data Model
The EU GDPR presents several stringent requirements for processors, especially in a cloud environment. Those requirements include identifying the categories of privacy data, the risks and the controls, and the audit capability. This keynote will include a discussion of how to prepare for this, and a discussion of the current NIST research into an audit language that can be utilized by cloud providers that is being planned to meet the audit requirements.
- An understanding of the requirements for processors and cloud environments.
- An understanding of the controls needed to meet the requirements.
- An understanding of the NIST research work around auditing in a cloud environment, and what's next.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 09 - 12, 2017 Munich, Germany
The European Identity & Cloud Conference 2017 is proud to present a large number of partners