The Future Cloud
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, April 19, 2012 TIME: 11:30-12:30 LOCATION: Alpsee
The presentation will introduce the Open Data Center Alliance and present the goals of the organization and the work of the Security Work Group.
Specifically, the two previously released Security Workgroup Usage cases, Security Provider Assurance and Security Monitoring, together with four soon to be released usage cases covering Identity Management will be presented.
Finally, there will be an opportunity to put your questions and to influence the future direction of the Security Workgroup of the ODCA.
Convergence and ubiquity are the key characteristics of tomorrow’s service provision infrastructures. Cloud architectures will constitute cost-efficient backbones that will support the transmission, storage, and computing of the applications contents. These architectures can be used for business, scientific, and pervasive computing purposes. The diversity of the services delivered through cloud infrastructures increases their vulnerability to security incidents and attacks. The cost and complexity reduction requirements render the design and development of protection mechanisms even more challenging. In addition, key design features such as confidentiality, privacy, authentication, anonymity, survivability, dependability, and fault-tolerance are, in some extent, conflicting. The objective of this keynote is to present the state-of-the-art and explore research directions and technology trends to address the protection of cloud communications and networking infrastructures.
The fundamental concepts of cloud computer security will be explored, including cloud security services, cloud security principles, cloud security requirements, and testing techniques. The attendees of this session will learn how to:
- Identify security management challenges and opportunities in cloud environments
- Examine cloud computing risk, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Specify, validate, and implement preventive and reactive security policies for in a virtual environment
- Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans for cloud computing
- Conduct security investigation missions to analyze attacks against cloud computing
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- Apr 17 - 20, 2012 Munich, Germany