Blockchain (Identity) II
- TYPE: Track START DATE: Thursday, May 16, 2019 START TIME: 14:30
Blockchain Technology is promising solution for digital identities, enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management and more. Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) makes Self Sovereign Identities (SSIs) possible, where individuals can keep control of their digital identity and share it whenever they want with whoever they want. Furthermore, it can help large companies in having better transparency and security. Blockchain as a Service is already gaining some traction. Several SSI concepts as well as number of commercial products are being offered on the market already. It remains to be seen how scalability, governance questions and future privacy regulations affect wider adoption of DLT.
This session will present real applications of Blockchain technology, advances made in DLT changing identity management capabilities and highlight the existing challenges preventing wider adoption of this technology.
Continuing Professional Education Credits:
KuppingerCole is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credits. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry through its website: www.learningmarket.org
After attending this track you will be able to:
- Understand the role of Blockchain Technology in Macroeconomics.
- Understand the concepts of Distributed Identity and Self-Sovereign Identity
- Learn about Canadian model of Blockchain usage for transaction integrity.
- Understand the challenges of Blockchain Technology in relation to the GDPR regulations.
- Describe the role of Decentralized Identity in increasing transparency and reducing compliance costs.
You can get 3 CPEs for this track.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 14 - 17, 2019 Munich, Germany