Internet of Things
- TYPE: Track START DATE: Thursday, May 15, 2014 START TIME: 14:30 LOCATION: ALPSEE
When 50 billion devices start sending data over networks, security challenges become exponentially harder. Machine to machine (M2M) solutions require the ability to handle existing security governance investments yet support a variety of security protocols, encryption and privacy that cross mobility, sensor networks, diverse devices, M2M telecommunications and data centers. The nature and scale of the M2M infrastructure causes some unique challenges such as trust (untrusted devices, networks), cost (cannot be expensive considering the large number of devices), shared data (who owns it and how to securely share it), access (static access controls cannot adjust to the dynamic nature of M2M), performance (low power devices can´t spare many cycles for security), heterogeneity, integration into existing security paradigms etc. that have to be addressed.
This block of session will provide insight and advice on the security aspects of this emerging technology.
Continuing Education Credits
Advance Preparation: None
Learning Level: Intermediate
Field: Computer Science
After attending this block of sessions you will be able to:
- Explain use cases, application categories and business models for the Internet of Everything.
- Describe the challenges from the Identities of Things.
- Describe the challenges unique to the application of M2M and IoT devices within various industry sectors.
- Describe the unexpected and complex implications of the Internet of Everything.
- Explain how identity, confidentiality, denial of service, privacy and other aspects are different in the IoT space.
This block qualifies for up to 3 Group Learning based CPEs depending on the number of sessions you attend.
Connecting the Real World with the Virtual World: Use Cases, Application Categories and Business Models for the IoE
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 13 - 16, 2014 Munich, Germany
The European Identity & Cloud Conference 2014 is proud to present a large number of partners
How can we help you