Roundtable: Implementing Life Management Platforms
- TYPE: Track START DATE: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 START TIME: 14:30 LOCATION: BODENSEE I
The ability to access information anywhere and anytime changes the way people engage, communicate and interact with each other. Personal information sharing is an emerging trend for online personal life activities and this trend is called the Life Management Platform (LMP). With LMP, individuals interact with other people, institutions, agencies, private companies and organisations in order to get access to specific services such as car insurance, loans, healthcare, or public services, among many others. The LMP model, similarly to other concepts like Personal Cloud or Personal Data Stores, encourages the individual to be in control of their own data, and aims to provide a mechanism that allows individuals to meet privacy and security requirements, either those imposed by themselves or other authorities.
Continuing Education Credits
Advance Preparation: None
Learning Level: Intermediate
Field: Computer Science
After attending this roundtable you will be able to:
- Describe the User Managed Access (UMA) proposal, its architecture, protocol and the trust model.
- Explain how the UMA proposal can be used to manage secure information sharing with explicit consent of the individual.
- Describe the technical, legal, and business foundation of the Respect Network and list the recently launched apps.
- Describe the MetaSociety Project for Privacy Designed Social Interaction
This block qualifies for up to 3 Group Learning based CPEs depending on the number of sessions you attend.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 13 - 16, 2014 Munich, Germany