IAM/IAG Strategic Planning
- TYPE: Track START DATE: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 START TIME: 14:30 LOCATION: AUDITORIUM
IAM (Identity and Access Management) and IAG (Identity and Access Governance) have evolved to key topics within both Information Security and IT Infrastructure. Their central role in enabling the new ABC (Agile Businesses – Connected) by allowing controlled access of all types of users to all types of services, but also the key role they play in achieving regulatory compliance and implementing governance, drives the evolution of IAM/IAG. Most organizations have already made some investment in IAM and IAG. Many of these investments are focused on the on-premises infrastructure. With the need to support external users such as customers and business partners and both Cloud applications and on-premise applications, IAM/IAG must move to the next level. There are many new opportunities such as Cloud IAM, risk- and context-based authentication and authorization, Dynamic Authorization Management, etc. On the other hand, IAM still must work well for the existing on-premises infrastructure.
In other words: It is time for IAM/IAG Strategic Planning. This track provides the information required for IAM/IAG Strategic Planning. It looks at how to evolve the existing infrastructure in an “embrace and extend” approach instead of “rip and replace”. It looks at the role of peoples and processes, the IAM/IAG Vendor Landscape, and new evolutions within IAM/IAG that will help you get a better grip on the underlying system-level entitlement management.
Continuing Education Credits
Advance Preparation: None
Learning Level: Intermediate
Field: Computer Science
After attending this block of sessions you will be able to:
- Explain how to balance existing investments in IAM/IAG with your future needs.
- Describe the approach taken by a bank to maturing the people, processes and solutions for IAM/IAG.
- Describe how the IAM/IAG market is evolving to include Data Governance, Cloud Access Governance, integration of Privilege Management features, Access Intelligence and others.
- Define the 5 Critical Tenets of Identity and Access Management.
- Define the level of detail that IAM solutions need to cover to satisfy audit requirements without being disproportionate.
This block qualifies for up to 3 Group Learning based CPEs depending on the number of sessions you attend.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 13 - 16, 2014 Munich, Germany