Manage Globally, Act Locally: How Context Virtualization will Change the Way We Secure Identities and Integrate Data
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 06, 2010 TIME: 11:30-12:30 LOCATION: Antares
Imagine all the structured data in and beyond your organization: all the identities, all the transactions, all the contextual relationships you never see because the data is buried in application silos. You know there's value in there, but there's no good way to access or understand it across applications.
Now, merely aggregating this data is not enough; to make it truly useful, you must also understand its context. In the digital world, just as in the physical world, most of our actions are determined by context. However, representing digital context in a uniform way has never been possible—until now. Join Michel Prompt, founder and CEO of Radiant Logic, to explore how virtualization of the identity and data management layer frees the digital context that's locked in your data silos , so you can:
- Harness the untapped value of your structured data.
- Link all kinds of information across applications.
- Create new ways to interact with your constituents.
In this session, the audience will learn how identity and context virtualization is the key to solving today's data integration challenges. Born out of the effort to virtualize directories, databases, and web services, this latest innovation introduces a secure identity and data management layer for the context-driven enterprise. Just as virtualization of the OS brought us server consolidation and the cloud, identity virtualization and digital context representation will open up a smarter, context-aware world by linking data silos across application and platform contexts.
For identity and security, learn how virtualization:
- Creates a global view of the different forms of identity distributed across data silos, allowing you to “manage globally.”
- Enforces security at the local level, as close to the authoritative source as possible, so you can “act locally.”
- Delivers the selected attributes needed for smarter, stronger authentication—even for user-centric applications such as Infocard and Geneva.
- Exposes the security context siloed in applications in a uniform and reusable way, for authorization and role management.
For data management, learn how virtualization:
- Simplifies the metadata and data integration layer.
- Turns services into a semantically/contextually linked and addressable layer.
- Delivers new virtual views of your data, scalable through smart caching technology.
Today there is a lot of debate about where to store, and how to access identities in a cloud based environment. Directory Services are the original identity management data store for all enterprise applications. In fact, it can be argued that Directory Services function as a private cloud for internal applications. As more companies move to the cloud, next generation Directory Services are necessary to bridge the divide between on-premise and cloud based applications.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 04 - 07, 2010 Munich
The European Identity Conference 2010 is proud to present a large number of partners