Panel - Governing Your Hybrid Cloud
- TYPE: Session DATE: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 TIME: 14:40-15:00
Organizations are moving from using IT services that are exclusively delivered by equipment on-premises to a mixture of delivery models that also include hosting as well as cloud services. The move to this hybrid environment is being driven by digital transformation intended to provide greater flexibility as well improved efficiency. However, it also increases the challenges of governance.
Within organizations the GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) function sets the risk posture and IT Security translates this into concrete controls around the services. When IT services are delivered on premises the responsibility for this is clear and lies within the IT organization. When IT services are delivered through the cloud the responsibility for security and compliance is shared between the cloud customer and the cloud service provider and this can lead to gaps in the customer’s controls.
This panel will discuss these governance challenges and describe practical solutions.
- Governing the cloud service – what value is certification and how can you implement continuous governance?
- Governing use of the cloud services – what tools do you need to implement controls?
- How can you implement consistent access governance across the whole hybrid estate?
- Do tools like CASB and CSPM really help?
- Contact person:
Ms. Lauren Zuber
+49 211 23707725
- Jun 16, 2020 9am - 3pm CEST