The Story to Date and Strategic Options
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 TIME: 12:00-13:00 LOCATION: maX 1
The talk refers to the challenges that the card industry as a whole need to overcome to avoid severe payment disruptions as a result of implementing the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication requirements for card transactions, especially in the ecommerce space. This impacts all card issuing financial institutions including banks. I plan to talk about the challenges of implementing PSD2 for card issuers, the customer implications of these challenges and how to prepare for these changes in order to minimise unnecessary disruptions.
The talk will answer the following questions:
- Has PSD2 fostered EU Open Banking or did it hamper market progress?
- From a perspective of a TPP: Were our efforts of becoming a payment institution worth it?
- What would we recommend to other jurisdictions, being four-five years wiser now?
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- Sep 18 - 19, 2019 Frankfurt, Germany
The Digital Finance World 2019 is proud to present our partners