GDPR & Blockchain Technology
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, September 19, 2019 TIME: 11:00-12:00 LOCATION: Empore
Balancing blockchain, GDPR and a living Identity ecosystem is not a simple ordeal. An example of several use cases in healthcare and financial services of simple but powerful implementations will be presented, employing data minimization, pseudonymization and granular consent management techniques, discussing the role of a trusted third party and laying down some future perspectives on emerging privacy preserving automation technology such as privacy assistants and zero knowledge proofs.
The content of the presentation will cover the following topics:
• Introduction-GDPR and Blockchain Terminology
• What are the Commonalities and Conflicts?
• Potential Solutions-Technical Level
• What is the future? How can we regulate and harmonize the blockchain/GDPR world?
In my presentation I would like to show (i) the common features (ii) the conflicts in GDPR and blockchain technology (iii) the potential solutions and last but not least (iv) the regulatory framework.
1.There are many common features between GDPR and Blockchain technology;
2. GDPR or its enforcement should be amended to harmonize with current Blockchain technology;
3. The regulatory approach should be flexible.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- Sep 18 - 19, 2019 Frankfurt am Main, Germany